Judith Van Evra papers, 1977-1996
- Media Type
- Item Types
Professor Judith Van Evra joined the Department of Psychology at St. Jerome's in 1977. Her specialties were clinical psychology and learning disabilities in children and adolescents.
While at St. Jerome's Professor Van Evra chaired the department, played an important role in the success of the St. Jerome's Institute for Learning Disabilities as its associate director, acted as the Advisor for Gender Relations at St. Jerome's, and chaired the Gender Awareness Committee.
Professor Van Evra has written two books, "Psychological Disorders in Children and Adolescents" (1983) and "Television and Child Development" (1990).
Other professional activities included serving on the Child and Family Services Board, on the Advisory Board of the Learning Disabilities Association, acting as a Consultant for the Waterloo County Separate School Board, chairing the Complaints and Disciplinary committees of the College of Psychologists of Ontario, and maintaining a small private practice.
Professor Van Evra retired in 1996.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for Professor Judith Van Evra include a copy of her book, "Psychological Disorders of Children and Adolescents", a proposal to establish The Centre for Advanced Studies in Humanist Social Science to be initially housed at St. Jerome's (1985), a newspaper/pamphlet recap of the Inaugural Conference of the Centre for Advanced Studies in Humanist Social Science (May, 1986), a Letter of Intent to found a Research Centre on Family Violence and Violence Against Women (1992), correspondence, a few newspaper articles, and a copy of one journal article.
- The dates of the records are not inclusive. They range from 1963 to 2005.
Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Van Evra, Judith
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4696031472804 Longitude: -80.5456368070984
- Physical Description
- 4 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Permission of the Librarian
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.