Betty Lawler, c.1930
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of Betty Lawler in her girl guide uniform.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8796462608064 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Betty Lawler, c.1930, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_108F.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.