Black and white negative of a photograph of the Whitby's original pump House. View showing the west side of the building. There is an unidentified man standing in front of the building.
The Waterworks pump house was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pump house was built o the east of this building in 1959. The original building ceased to be used when a third pump house was completed in 1978.