Daughters of John and Catherine Dow
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of a tintype of the daughters of John and Catherine Dow. The photograph was taken in a studio.
Left to right: Margaret Lumsden Dow (1853-1937), Catherine Isabella Dow (1858-1953), and Jean Gertrude Dow (1855-1891).
- The William Dow (1777-1855) settled at Whitby Township in 1833 after having arrived in Canada from Banffshire, Scotland. They took up residence at Glen Dhu farm on Concession 3. William Dow was well known throughout Ontario for his agricultural improvements, especially in the production of great crop yields.
William Dow married Margaret Lumsden (1785-1833) in Banffshire, Scotland in 1806. They had eleven children. In 1833 he married Jane Armstrong (1787-1860), their marriage produced no children.
- Date of Original
Width: 10 cm
Height: 12 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Archives
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.