Whitby Fire Department at Parade for Opening of Downtown Pavement
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing members of the Whitby Fire Department and their float proceeding north on Brock Street at Ontario Street.
The Whitby Fire Department has a banner on it that reads: 'Ever Alert'. The float is being pulled by two horses.
- Brock and Dundas Streets were paved in 1921. The Honourable F. C. Biggs, Minister of Public Works, dedicated the pavement in a special ceremony at Brock and Dundas Streets. There were 40 floats in the parade.
- Date of Original
- 29 September 1921
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8756849677822 Longitude: -78.940372467041
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Fire Department at Parade for Opening of Downtown Pavement, September 1921
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.