Parade for the Opening of the Pavement in Downtown Whitby
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph taken from the second floor showing the parade celebrating the opening of the pavement on Brock and Dundas Streets. A line of young boys are marching in the parade.
View looking north on Brock Street toward Dundas Street.
- Brock and Dundas Streets were paved in 1921. The Honourable F. C. Biggs, Minister of Public Works, dedicated the pavement in a special ceremony at Brock and Dundas Streets. There were 40 floats in the parade.
- Date of Original
- 29 September 1921
Width: 2.5 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798301571018 Longitude: -78.9420890808105
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Parade for the opening of the pavement in downtown Whitby, September 1921, unknown photographer. Whitby Archives. 30-017-018
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.