Henry Street School Senior Entrance Class, 1921
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph showing an image of the senior entrance class from Henry Street School on the steps of the Carnegie Library. The library was located at 132 Dundas Street West on the corner of Dundas and Byron Streets. The class met at the library between 1920-1921 when King Street School was being constructed.
- Henry Street School was built in 1854 on the block bounded by King, Dunlop, Henry, and Gilbert Streets. The school, which faced Henry Street, was destroyed by fire on 4 July 1920. King Street School, now R.A. Sennett Public School, was built on the site in 1921.
- Date of Original
- May 1921
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8797064242827 Longitude: -78.9433765411377
- Recommended Citation
- Henry Street School Senior Entrance Class, 1921, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-009-010.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.