https://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg
Brockton Heritage Register
Records

Results

We found
33
matching items
  • 951 Old Durham Road
        Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for Bruce South as well as Mayor and town solicitor of Walkerton. He was directly responsible for the adoption of settler rights legislation that saw timber mills disallowed from taking lumber from settler lands without permission. A classic example ...
      Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for ...
  • 106 Cayley Street
        Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
      Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart ...
  • 7 Cayley Street - "Koller House"
        7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built in 1877 by James Hargeaves, local Carpenter and builder, along with his wife, a milliner. It is one of Brocktons excellent Heritage Buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque.
      7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built ...
  • 107 Cayley Street
        Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
      Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the ...
  • 108 Cayley Street
        Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
      Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. ...
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
        Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
      Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was ...
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
        The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton’s foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
      The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has ...
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
        Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
      Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, ...
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
        Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
      Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a ...
  • 305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
        Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court complex.
      Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character ...
  • 311 Colborne Street
        Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
      Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican ...
  • 12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
        Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
      Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, ...
  • 232 Durham Street East
        Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
      Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning ...
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
        Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
      Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the ...
  • 331 Durham Street East
        Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
      Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after ...
  • 336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
        Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown look by retaining the original upper facade and brickwork.
      Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick ...
  • 415 Gibson Street
        Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from Walkerton’s founding. Fronting on the West side of Gibson Street, this home is a classic example of the Edwardian style. A simple square plan, the sober red brick and the generous late Neo-Classical porch with its Doric columns ...
      Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from ...
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
        Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
      Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place ...
  • 7 Jackson Street North - "Hartley Hotel"
        Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the main downtown intersection, balancing the relatively new constructions of the Bank of Montreal and the Foodland grocery store. Three Prime ...
      Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
        Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
      Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Brockton Heritage Register


Brockton's Heritage Register of Historic and Architecturally significant sites.