https://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg
Brockton Plaqued Properties
Records

Results

We found
27
matching items
  • 6 Scott Street - "Skelton House"
        Built in 1927 by Crawford Skelton, local memorial works owner/operator, this home at 6 Scott Street, Walkerton, is an excellent example of Brockton's heritage buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque and placement on the Municipal Heritage Register.
      Built in 1927 by Crawford Skelton, local memorial works owner/operator, this home ...
  • 7 Cayley Street - "Koller House"
        7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built in 1877 by James Hargeaves, local Carpenter and builder, along with his wife, a milliner. It is one of Brocktons excellent Heritage Buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque.
      7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built ...
  • 411 Scott Street
        Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
      Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The ...
  • 404 Victoria Street
        Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
      Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by ...
  • 331 Durham Street East
        Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
      Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after ...
  • 10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
        Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
      Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, ...
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
        Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
      Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, ...
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
        The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton’s foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
      The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has ...
  • 108 Cayley Street
        Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
      Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. ...
  • 107 Cayley Street
        Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
      Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the ...
  • 106 Cayley Street
        Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
      Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart ...
  • 11 Victoria Street South
        Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
      Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to ...
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
        Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
      Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
        Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
      Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains ...
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
        Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
      Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a ...
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
        Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
      Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was ...
  • 305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
        Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court complex.
      Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character ...
  • 415 Gibson Street
        Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from Walkerton’s founding. Fronting on the West side of Gibson Street, this home is a classic example of the Edwardian style. A simple square plan, the sober red brick and the generous late Neo-Classical porch with its Doric columns ...
      Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from ...
  • 414 Scott Street
        Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
      Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The ...
  • 311 Colborne Street
        Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican Church.
      Constructed in 1872, this house was the rectory for the old Anglican ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Brockton Plaqued Properties


Plaqued Properties within Brockton. These properties are significant in the history of the area, and were typically built by the towns founding members.