https://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg

Results

We found
11
matching items
  • 336 Durham Street East - James Rothwell Block
        Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick shell remained, though it was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act to preserve the unity of the downtown look by retaining the original upper facade and brickwork.
      Built in 1885. The structure burned in 1985, nothing but the brick ...
  • 410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
        This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been described as being "the best unaltered example of Queen Anne Revival Style in Bruce County" by the Walkerton Walking Tour ...
      This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, ...
  • 7 Jackson Street North - "Hartley Hotel"
        Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of the Walkerton downtown core for almost as long as the settlement has existed. this prominent building defines the main downtown intersection, balancing the relatively new constructions of the Bank of Montreal and the Foodland grocery store. Three Prime ...
      Built in the 1868, the Hartley House has been a cornerstone of ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
        Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
      Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains ...
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
        Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
      Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the ...
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
        Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
      Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was ...
  • 305 Colborne Street - St. Thomas Anglican Church
        Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character of the neighbourhood, forming one of 4 corners occupied by a church around the central jail and court complex.
      Constructed in 1910, St. Thomas Anglican Church maintains and supports the character ...
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
        Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
      Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place ...
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
        Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
      Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a ...
  • 15 McNab Street - "Joseph Walker House"
        Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built in Walkerton; this was the house of the town’s first mayor, its founder and its namesake. This houses historical value far outweighs its architectural value. Constucted near Walker’s saw mill, grist mill and dam, this house is of ...
      Built in 1860, this was one of the first buildings ever built ...
  • 12 Concession 10, Cargill - "Cargill House"
        Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, town reeve, and MP of East Bruce for 16 years.
      Built in 1888; The first home of Henry Cargill, timber magnate, postmaster, ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit