https://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg

Results

We found
27
matching items
  • 411 Scott Street
        Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
      Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The ...
  • 404 Victoria Street
        Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
      Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by ...
  • 331 Durham Street East
        Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
      Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after ...
  • 10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
        Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
      Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, ...
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
        Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
      Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, ...
  • 108 Cayley Street
        Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
      Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. ...
  • 107 Cayley Street
        Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
      Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the ...
  • 106 Cayley Street
        Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
      Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart ...
  • 11 Victoria Street South
        Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
      Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to ...
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
        Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
      Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as ...
  • 415 Gibson Street
        Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from Walkerton’s founding. Fronting on the West side of Gibson Street, this home is a classic example of the Edwardian style. A simple square plan, the sober red brick and the generous late Neo-Classical porch with its Doric columns ...
      Built in 1877, this is one of the earliest surviving structures from ...
  • 414 Scott Street
        Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
      Built in 1890, this was the home of Rueben Eldridge Truax. The ...
  • 232 Durham Street East
        Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning pharmacy while being physically and visually linked to the buildings on either side.
      Constructed in 1890 the building has always housed,and still houses, a functioning ...
  • 220 Victoria Street - Sacred Heart Catholic Church
        Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Before this, mass was celebrated in private homes, an old school and a court house. In 1895, the church was enlarged, and a sanctuary was added. In 1927, the pastor, Father Maloney, noticed the foundation ...
      Sacred Heart Catholic Church was constructed in 1874 by the Roman Catholic ...
  • 951 Old Durham Road
        Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for Bruce South as well as Mayor and town solicitor of Walkerton. He was directly responsible for the adoption of settler rights legislation that saw timber mills disallowed from taking lumber from settler lands without permission. A classic example ...
      Built in 1880 by Alexander Shaw. Shaw was a Liberal MPP for ...
  • 810 Yonge Street
        Built in 1885, this was the home of Judge William Barrett. The Wesley family (who opertated the Walkerton Herald-Times) would subsequently live in the home.
      Built in 1885, this was the home of Judge William Barrett. The ...
  • 430 Jackson Street South
        Built in 1885 by H.P. O’Connor. O'Conner was a lawyer, former Mayor of Walkerton and Liberal MPP of Bruce South from 1882-1894.
      Built in 1885 by H.P. O’Connor. O'Conner was a lawyer, former Mayor ...
  • 6 Scott Street - "Skelton House"
        Built in 1927 by Crawford Skelton, local memorial works owner/operator, this home at 6 Scott Street, Walkerton, is an excellent example of Brockton's heritage buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque and placement on the Municipal Heritage Register.
      Built in 1927 by Crawford Skelton, local memorial works owner/operator, this home ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
        Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
      Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains ...
  • 120 Cayley Street - Walkerton Baptist Church
        Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was the first church of Walkerton that ended construction, debt free, due to the volume of donations given by parishioners. Prominent parishioners included Donald Sinclair, first Speaker of the Ontario Legislature. The building combines two architectural styles into a ...
      Originally built in the early years of the 19th century, this was ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit