https://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/BHC/graphics/BHC_s_227.jpg

Results

We found
34
matching items
Geographic Location
Brockton
  
  • Abbey, Henry (Died)
    appeared in Bruce Herald, 29 Oct 1896, p. 3     ...
    appeared in Bruce Herald, 29 Oct 1896, p. 3   ...
  • Bruce Herald, 2 Nov 1893, p. 5
  • Abbot, John (Died)
    appeared in Bruce Herald, 2 Nov 1893, p. 5     additional name - Sir John Abbot...
    appeared in Bruce Herald, 2 Nov 1893, p. 5   additional name - Sir John Abbot...
  • 7 Cayley Street - "Koller House"
        7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built in 1877 by James Hargeaves, local Carpenter and builder, along with his wife, a milliner. It is one of Brocktons excellent Heritage Buildings and is acknowledged as such with a Heritage Plaque.
      7 Cayley Street, Walkerton, Ontario, Canada. "Koller House" This house was built ...
  • 411 Scott Street
        Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The Truax family increased the manufacturing sector in Walkerton, manufacturing both doors and sashes.
      Built in 1937, this was the home of Rueben Edward Truax. The ...
  • 404 Victoria Street
        Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by its builder, Gregory G. Bobier, who developed large portions of the town of Walkerton.
      Built in 1882, this house is linked to the Walkerton region by ...
  • 331 Durham Street East
        Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after the Big Fire of Walkerton that scorched the majority of the downtown, it visually links well with Walkerton given the external Italianate facade.
      Built in 1878 by William Brown. Despite being constructed a year after ...
  • 104264 Grey Road 10 - St John's Lutheran Pioneer Cemetery
        Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place of Brant township and Elmwood’s earliest settlers.
      Established in 1886. The site continues to serve as the resting place ...
  • 410 Jackson Street South - "Rowland House"
        This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, for John Rowland who was a prominent Walkertonian, a financier and a cattle buyer. This house has been described as being "the best unaltered example of Queen Anne Revival Style in Bruce County" by the Walkerton Walking Tour ...
      This house was erected in 1900 by architect Rob Gray of Harriston, ...
  • 10 Yonge Street North “Hampson's Foundry”
        Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, foundry and machine shop for over 118 years. The building style is Ontario Vernacular. This simple heavy timber structure was clad with board and batten siding. The type of foundation is not certain but it is most likely ...
      Built in 1873 by John Hampson, this structure functioned as a blacksmith, ...
  • 106 Colborne Street North - Binder Twine Factory
        Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, the Walkerton Binder Twine Company Limited. This building is the largest industrial structure remaining in proximity to the downtown of Walkerton. A long, low building, the Binder Twine factory is still in use in a commercial context.
      Built in 1900. The site of a major industry to early Walkerton, ...
  • 209 Cayley - "Walkerton Court House Complex"
        The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has been serving the county since 1867. It is an integral part of the Justice complex in Walkerton. Many of Walkerton’s foremost politicians and citizens have had their start in the legal halls of the court complex.
      The Walkerton Jail has been a part of the community and has ...
  • 108 Cayley Street
        Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. Stevens.
      Built in 1880, this was the home of local blacksmith Charles B. ...
  • 107 Cayley Street
        Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the Walkerton community.
      Erected in 1890 by Dr. Malcolm Stalker, a prominent member of the ...
  • 106 Cayley Street
        Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart “Tex” Cameron.
      Built in 1933, this structure was the home of local sheriff Ewart ...
  • 11 Victoria Street South
        Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to survive the “Big Fire” in Walkerton of 1877 unscathed. Sternall’s, once a livery, has been converted into residential rentals.
      Built in 1873, this was one of the only downtown properties to ...
  • 215 Jane Street - Armoury
        Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as an effort to reinforce the idea of nation-building, prior to the Great War by creating a space for militia training and armament. For many years now it has served as a municipally run daycare.
      Erected by the Dominion of Canada in 1908, this building was as ...
  • 111 Jackson Street - Victoria Jubilee Hall
        Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains a symbol of the dedication and crafting skill possessed by early Canadians at the turn of the 19th century. An imposing structure, the former town hall dominates the former market square and contrasts pointedly with the modern municipal ...
      Constructed in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee, the hall remains ...
  • 249 Durham Street East - Walkerton Public Library
        Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the County library system; supplying books, meeting rooms and internet services to the public. It is historically linked as it became the permanent home of the public with a grant from American industrialist, Andrew Carnegie.
      Built in 1911. this structure functions as the Walkerton Branch of the ...
  • 124 Colborne Street - "Hall House"
        Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a medical doctor from Normanby. Ten years later the house was sold to Walter Allen Hall. Hall was the elected member of the House of Commons from 1925-1935, and lived in this house for over forty years. The house ...
      Built in 1888, the house was constructed for George. J. Dickson a ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit