Elderly man sits on a bridge in Kharkiv, begging
- Wienerberger, Alexander, 1891-1955, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Photograph albums
- Pamphlet illustrations
- An older man sits on a wooden footbridge, holding a cup in his outstretched hand for someone to spare him some money. His face looks quite weathered, and he is missing several teeth. A less cropped version of this photo was published in Russland wie es wirklich ist! It presents the urban context of the photo, with a view of pedestrians and a row of buildings in the upper portion of the photo - which is simply shown by reflection in the water in the album photo.
- Photo source: Wienerberger, Alexander. Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Unpublished and undated album in the private collection of Samara Pearce. p.15a.
For related photo, further details, and a listing of originals and versions published through 1939 with their captions, see Related Features at right.
- Handwritten caption on photo: “Auch eine Altersversorgung” [Alternative retirement plan].
- Date of Original
- spring-summer 1933
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 23cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Local identifier
- Alexander Wienerberger: Beyond the Innitzer album
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 49.98081 Longitude: 36.25272
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Samara Pearce https://www.samarapearce.com/
- Recommended Citation
- Wienerberger, Alexander. 1933. “Auch eine Altersversorgung.”Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Private collection of Samara Pearce, n.d. p.20b. Retrieved from: http://vitacollections.ca/HREC-holodomorphotodirectory/3631257/data
- Location of Original
- Private collection of Samara Pearce. Please contact Ms. Pearce for reproductions from the original.
- Rightsholder requests that the name of the photographer, Alexander Wienerberger, accompany each authentic reproduction of his work.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of rightsholder Samara Pearce. Source: Private collection of Samara Pearce.