A male factory worker in his temporary shelter on the outskirts of Kharkiv
- Wienerberger, Alexander, 1891-1955, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Photograph albums
- In what appears to be an open, uncultivated field, a man sits in his temporary dwelling. The tiny shelter is slightly raised off the ground and made up of building scraps and assorted pieces of cloth. Wienerberger states that this is a typical temporary dwelling for many of the workers at the factory he was managing for several months in 1933 in Kharkiv.
For further information on: The situation for Urban Residents and Industrial Workers, 1932-1933, see "Context Note" under Related Features at right.
- Photo source: Wienerberger, Alexander. Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Unpublished and undated album in the private collection of Samara Pearce. p.2b.
For further details and a listing of originals and versions published through 1939 with their captions, see Related Features at right.
- Handwritten caption on photo: “Arbeiterwohnung in Charkov” [Worker’s dwelling in Kharkiv]
- Date of Original
- spring-summer 1933
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 23cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Local identifier
- Alexander Wienerberger: Beyond the Innitzer album
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 49.98081 Longitude: 36.25272
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Samara Pearce https://www.samarapearce.com/
- Recommended Citation
- Wienerberger, Alexander. 1933. “Arbeiterwohnung in Charkov.” Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Private collection of Samara Pearce, n.d. p.2b. Retrieved from: http://vitacollections.ca/HREC-holodomorphotodirectory/3636309/data
- Location of Original
- Private collection of Samara Pearce. Please contact Ms. Pearce for reproductions from the original.
- Rightsholder requests that the name of the photographer, Alexander Wienerberger, accompany each authentic reproduction of his work.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of rightsholder Samara Pearce. Source: Private collection of Samara Pearce.