Inside front cover of Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. or Red Album
- Wienerberger, Alexander, 1891-1955, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Photograph albums
- The text shown is written on the inside of the front cover to a personal album of Alexander Wienerberger’s photographs. Presumably it was assembled by Wienerberger himself, and bears his handwritten title: Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. [The Workers' Paradise. U.S.S.R.] It is also known as the Red Album because of its red binding.
- The photographs selected for this Directory are from 1933. The album itself, however, is undated and is in the private collection of Samara Pearce, great-granddaughter of Alexander Wienerberger.
For further details, see Home page menus and Related Features at right.
- “Proletarien aller Länder vereinigt euch!....(im Massengrab.)” [Proletarians of all countries unite! ... (in the mass grave)].
- Date of Original
- spring-summer 1933
Width: 31 cm
Height: 23.6 cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Wienerberger, Alexander
- Local identifier
- Alexander Wienerberger: Beyond the Innitzer album
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Samara Pearce https://www.samarapearce.com/
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Reproduced with the permission of rightsholder Samara Pearce. Source: Private collection of Samara Pearce.
- Recommended Citation
- Wienerberger, Alexander. n.d.[Inside front cover.] Das Arbeiterparadies. U.d.S.S.R. (also known as the Red Album). Private collection of Samara Pearce, n.d., p.1b. Retrieved from: http://vitacollections.ca/HREC-holodomorphotodirectory/3647474/data
- Location of Original
- Private collection of Samara Pearce. Please contact Ms. Pearce for reproductions from the original.
- Rightsholder requests that the name of the photographer, Alexander Wienerberger, accompany each authentic reproduction of his work.