The Bokan family share a meager meal marking three hundred days without the consumption of bread.
- Nikolai Bokan, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The photo depicts members of the Bokan family sharing a meager meal during the famine. The family posed for the photo to mark 300 days since they had consumed any bread. The table is covered with a decorative cloth, and the family is eating from an assortment of bowls apparently filled with a liquid meal. The family members look solemn and exhausted.
Framed photographs and images hang on the wall behind the family. Among them is a photo display board assembled by Bokan, which features the portraits of debtors who still owed Bokan for his photo services. Bokan acquired a number of debtors in 1932, who either refused or were unable to pay him for his services.
- Handwritten caption on photo: "300 дней (триста!) без куска хлеба к скудному обеду 2/ IV, 1933 г."
[300 days (three hundred!) Without a piece of bread for a meager dinner April 2, 1933.]
- Date of Original
- 2 April 1933
- Personal Name(s)
- Anna Bokan ; Vasilina Bokan ; Boris Bokan ; Alexandr Bokan ; Lev-Leonid Bokan ; Nikolai Bokan.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фп, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.