Nikolai Bokan and two of his sons prepare a memorandum.
- Bokan, Nikolai, 1881-1942, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Nikolai Bokan and his two sons are pictured seated at a desk, preparing a memorandum. The purpose of the memorandum is unclear, although the date of the photo falls within the week prior to Konstantin Bokan’s death of starvation in June 1933.
In the few months prior to his death, he had been working on a collective farm where he was overworked and poorly fed. He had left the family home earlier in the spring of 1933. As his parents were struggling to provide for their large family during the famine, Konstantin was leaving the family home to take up work and residence at a collective farm. It is unclear whether he was asked to leave or whether he left of his own accord. Konstantin would have been around twenty-two years old at the time of his departure.
- Заключение «Памятной записки» 27/VI – 1933 г.
Completing the "Memorandum" June 27, 1933
- Date of Publication
- 27 Jun 1933
- Personal Name(s)
- Boris Bokan ; Lev-Leonid Bokan ; Nikolai Bokan
- Local identifier
- Nikolai Bokan
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 51.34567 Longitude: 32.87794
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine: https://ssu.gov.ua/ua/pages/98
- Any reproductions of images from the Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine must include the following reference: Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine, fonds 6, case № 75489-fp, volume 2.
Iнформуємо, що при публікації документів ГДА СБУ обов'язкове посилання на місце їх зберігання за зразком: ГДА СБ України, фонд 6, справа 75489-фп, том 2.
- Reproduction Notes
- Reproduced with the permission of the State Archive of the Security Service of Ukraine.