Portrait of artist Frank Charles Black (1893-1988).
- Walter Rutherford, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black-and-white photographs
- Portrait of artist Frank Charles Black (1893-1988). Black was a well-respected artist. He exhibited with the Ontario Society of Artists and the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts. He was also a colleague of the Group of Seven, and shared their initial profession, commercial art. He retired to Georgetown with his wife Lillian in the early 1950s. He was then able to devote himself fully to painting, teaching and mentoring many area artists. This portrait was taken in Bermuda. This portrait was donated to the library by Florence Baker, Georgetown.
- Date of Publication
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.65011 Longitude: -79.91634
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Esquesing Historical SocietyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
P.O. Box 51,
Georgetown, ON L7G 4T1