216 Thomas St., 1980s
Description
- Médias
- Image
- Type d'élément
- Photographs
- Description
- This Ontario Cottage style house was a common design throughout the 19th century. It was built between 1865 and 1866 by local architect Robert Barbour. Barbour was known for his work in St. Marys including the Tracy House (the St. Marys Museum), the downtown block South of the Opera House which was built for Theodore Hutton and the St. Marys North Ward Collegiate. The house features a cross gable roof with paired windows in a wide central gable. Flat arch stone headers are set above the windows. The front door has a decorate door surround with sidelights and a transom window. Dormer windows sit on the roof on either side of the house. The house was constructed with locally quarried limestone.
In the winter and early spring of 1982-1983, Randall Speller, a colleague of Larry Pfaff from the Art Gallery of Ontario, took a series of black and white photographs of houses of architectural significance in St. Marys. Larry Pfaff and several local friends who shared this interest in architecture took some additional photographs in a subsequent summer. This photograph is one of this series.
*To see additional photographs related to this image click on the "detail" link under the image. - Notes
- Condition: Excellent - Image is clear. No signs of damage to the negative.
- Dimensions
-
Largeur: 3.6 cm
Hauteur: 2.3 cm
- Dimensions d'image
-
Largeur d'image: 3.6cm
Hauteur d'image: 2.3cm
- Sujet(s)
- Nom(s) personnel
- Barbour, Robert.
- Identifiant local
- DE_216Thomas_a
- Collection
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Langage de l'élément
- English
- Couverture géographique
-
-
216 Thomas Street, St. Marys, ON:
Ontario, Canada
Latitude: 43.2540166904067 Longitude: -81.1482642183685
-
216 Thomas Street, St. Marys, ON:
- Donneur
- Larry Pfaff - on behalf of LACAC.
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Citation recommandée
- "216 Thomas St., 1980s", St. Marys Museum, DE_216Thomas_a.
- Emplacement d'original
- R. Lorne Eedy Archives
- Conditions d'utilisation
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal research or study; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Notes de reproduction
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction. High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
- Contacter
- St. Marys MuseumCourriel:museum@town.stmarys.on.ca
Adresse Internet:
Adresse postale d'agence177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.
N4X 1B6