Woodstock Public Library
- Media Type
- Item Type
- As early as 1835 people could become members of the library and take out books. In 1904 the city passed a bylaw for the establishment of the library and reserved its location. In 1905 the Carnegie Foundation gave Woodstock a grant for 24,000 dollars. In 1909 the library building was officially opened on the corner of Hunter and Grahm street. The Woodstock public library still operates in this building.
- Public Library, Woodstock, Ont., Canada
- Corporate Name(s)
- Woodstock Public Library
- Local identifier
- PC 116
- Oxford County Archives Postcard Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.13339 Longitude: -80.83301
Woodstock Public Library:
Latitude: 43.1318945437905 Longitude: -80.758701493454
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Woodstock Public Library, Woodstock, Ontario. Oxford County Archives. [COA PC116]
- Reproduction Notes
- Please contact the Oxford County Archives for a higher resolution copy.
- Oxford County ArchivesEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:82 Light St. Bo 1614
Woodstock, ON N4S 6H1