Gosport (Brighton) Ontario Baseball Team
- Media Type
- Gosport Men’s Baseball Team
- This photo, taken some time after 1965, represents a time when there were seven distinct neighborhoods: Smithfield, Gosport, Cankerville, Hilton, Orland, Codrington, and the Village of Brighton. Each neighborhood wore their colours with pride.
George Thorne sponsored the Gosport men’s baseball team from 1960-1970. George became the manager of the Shell station on the north side of the 401(between Wooler Rd and Hwy 30) when it opened in the late 1950’s until his retirement (1980’s-early 1990’s). For a short time, he also managed the Shell station located on Hwy 30 at the 401.
- Back Row: Hutton, Ken; McDonald, Lawrence; Ewing, Charlie; Quick, Glen; Bush, Earl; Payne, Kenny Front Row: Cooper, Teddy; Cooper, Doug; Cunningham, Cecil; Ward, Chuck; Semple, Clifford; Cooper, Stanley; Quick, Billy
- Personal Name(s)
- Hutton, Ken ; McDonald, Lawrence ; Ewing, Charlie ; Quick, Glen ; Bush, Earl ; Payne, Kenny ; Cooper, Teddy ; Cooper, Doug ; Cunningham, Cecil ; Ward, Chuck ; Semple, Clifford ; Cooper, Stanley ; Quick, Billy
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.02156 Longitude: -77.71981
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Brighton Digital ArchivesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:Brighton Public Library
35 Alice Street
Brighton, ON K0K1H0
c/o Catherine Stutt
1 Moran Drive