Made in Libertyville
Foulds Macaroni Company
Foulds Macaroni Company, c. 1906-1915
Foulds Macaroni Company, c. 1906-1915 Details
Foulds Macaroni Company moved to this factory on Church Street in Libertyville from Cincinnati in 1905. The structure, originally a ladder factory, was built in 1894 with timbers from the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The pasta business was bought by Grocery Store Products in 1922 and during the 1940s and 1950s it was allied with Kraft Foods.

 

In its early years Foulds was a major employer in Libertyville, well known for its summer company picnics and winter Christmas parties to which the whole town was invited. Also in its early days, Foulds employed a number of members of the local volunteer fire department; there was a fire whistle on the roof of the building to alert the firemen to report for duty whenever there was a fire.

 

Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit
Privacy Policy