The Frank G. Hough Co., c.1956-1958 Details
The Frank G. Hough Co. moved to Libertyville at the east end of Sunnyside Avenue in 1939. The plant covered 14,400 square feet and the first Model HS Payloaders were manufactured here. In 1952, Hough sold his company to International Harvester. Hough dissolved in 1966 and became a division of International Harvester. From 1981 until the plant closed in 1996, the facilities were run by International Harvester, Dresser Industries, Komatsu Dresser, and Komatsu America. The buildings were demolished over the summer of 2014 as part of a redevelopment project.