Photograph of oldest apple tree in Cramahe Township
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Landscapes (Representations)
- Two images of Cramahe's oldest apple tree.
Located in Cramahe Township just east of Colborne.
Information from a researcher (June): “As discussed I am attaching three photos of the old apple tree. I determined through the internet that it is a St. Lawrence not a Ben Davis. The age is estimated at 160 years old. It has been speculated by many including the editor of "Ontario Gardens" whom discussed this tree at a conference in British Columbia last year, that it may be the oldest still producing apple tree in Canada. I can`t prove either the age or oldest producing. The age estimate has been handed down to us from past owners and their families. These are pictures from last spring . I`ve got her "good" side, only the front half is alive and the poor thing has been pretty much hollow for years.”
- Cramahe Archives does not hold the original item in its archives, but has a digital image.
- Date of Original
- ca. 1850
- Local identifier
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Cramahe Township Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:6 King Street West
PO Box 190
Colborne, ON K0K 1S0