Statutory Lease of Lot 331, October 1889.
- Ontario Methodist Camp Ground Company, Owner
- Carscadden, Thomas
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- This is a lease dated October 1st, 1889 which sells Lot Number 331 to Mr. Thomas Carscadden of Galt, Ontario. The property was leased for 999 years, as was the custom with the Ontario Methodist Camp Ground Company leasing. It cost Mr. Carscadden $500 the first year and one peppercorn every year thereafter.
- Mr. Carscadden was a principal at the Galt Collegiate Institute. According to "Report of the Minister of Education, Ontario, 1890", the average salary of a male teacher in a county system in 1889 was $389. Peppercorn rent was a customary form of exchange in the British legal system.
- Date of Original
- October 1, 1889
- Personal Name(s)
- Carscadden, Thomas ; Phelps, Noah ; Fairfield, B.C.
- Corporate Name(s)
- The Ontario Methodist Camp Ground Company
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Grimsby ChautauquaEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:18 Carnegie Lane
Grimsby, ON L3M 1Y1