The Rebels of Hastings
- Betsy Dewar Boyce, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Orange Cover, with black rectangles with the title "The Rebels of Hastings" and the author's name "Betsy Dewar Boyce". There is an image, black and cream colour, depicting a group of people standing on a bank in the forefront, looking off to the left in the distance, with two steam ships in the middle ground with a townscape in the background.
The summary on the back of the book:
"In the emergency the militia had responded from all around the Bay of Quinte as well as from Brockville and Perth William Wallbridge wrote that "Uncle Turnbull and Bonter took a sleigh loaded of men, arms and ammunition a little before daylight to miles this side of Napanee," but he added that "sleighloads of armed rebels went from here to assist McKenzie"./ Two of the three Belleville companies that had been ordered out were turned back before they had gone very far, but one went on to Kingtson. What happened when they got there depends very much on which newspaper reported it. From The Rebels of Hastings"
Below the text is the continuation of the image from the front, with another steam boat, and townscape.
The image is credited as "View of the Battle of Windmill Point, 1838. Courtesy of the Archives of Ontario".
- University of Toronto Press
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- 971.35 BOYCE
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.22963 Longitude: -77.94096
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- University Of Toronto Press, 800 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5S 3A9
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- UTP Distribution
5201 Dufferin Street
Toronto ON Canada M3H 5T8
Tel: 416-667-7791 or 1-800-565-9523
Fax: 416-667-7832 or 1-800-221-9985
- Recommended Citation
- Boyce, B. (1992). The rebels of Hastings. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- Hastings Highlands Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:33011 Highway 62 North
Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0 (613) 338-2262