Pages 179-180: Cowan, William
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- William Cowan of Maple Lake, of Maple Lake, Ontario, paid the supreme sacrifice in World War II.
From the list of the Honour Roll of Victoria and Haliburton Counties. He died on July 8, 1944.
The card was erroneously labelled as "Harry Cowan".
- This card is part of a larger collection of World War II personnel clippings. The project began in 1944 at the Lindsay Library. The intent was to gather together as much information as possible on the military record and the service of people from the Town of Lindsay and the County of Victoria (now Kawartha Lakes) who served in the war. To that end, during the years 1944, 1945, and 1946, members of the public donated photographs and updated information about their loved ones. Both library staff and the public saved and donated newspaper clippings. Some of the files contain great amounts of detail, while others have just a name.
- Date of Publication
- 8 Jul 1944
- World War II Service Files
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.08342 Longitude: -78.66626
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268