Early School in Little Britain
- Dr. George Wesley Hall, Videographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Video recordings
- Video shows students filing into the Little Britain Public School SS No. 8. Notice that the lines are gender specific. The school was destroyed by fire in 1928. This was filmed by Dr. George Wesley Hall and shows the school before and after the fire. A copy of this video was provided by Marylou Hall as part of a presentation on her family.
- Little Britain Public School SS No. 8 which was built in 1913 and opened in 1914. It was destroyed by fire in 1928. It was located beside the current Baptist Community Church on Eldon Road, north of the four corners.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Little Britain School
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.28342 Longitude: -78.86628
- Marylou Hall
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
Hall, G. W. (Videographer). (1913-28). Early School in Little Britain [Video]. Kawartha Lakes: Kawartha Lakes Public Library. Vita Collections. Available from https://data.vitatoolkit.ca/Vita402/update1a.asp?id=3222405&number=.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268