December 29: Message from RCL Branch 238, Fenelon Falls
- Darnley, Ken, Author
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Images, Electronic
- Letter pictures
- A letter from the RCL Branch 238 president to the Fenelon Falls community advising that assistance and support is available for seniors, veterans and the dependents of veterans. Legion membership was not required to access this aid.
- FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOUR HOUSE
Dear Friends of RCL Branch 238:
We hope this finds you coping well with the restrictions of COVID-19.
We thank you for your donations of money and your valuable time through volunteering.
This year of hardship has been trying for everyone and the Legion is no exception.
We normally raise branch operational funds through clubhouse operations, events, hall rentals, weekly lunches, etc. These activities have been thwarted by necessary mandatory lockdowns, crowd limitations, etc.
We are trying our best to support the community via the food bank and initiatives for children and students. We are particularly proud of our dedicated volunteers who did not let the pandemic get in the way of providing our 9th annual Community Christmas. Turkey dinner was provided to seniors and those who would otherwise be alone on Christmas day. 150 meals were provided through takeout and delivery.
We know that these are very trying and challenging times for everyone. At the Legion we have a Veterans Service Officer, Glenn Wood (phone number listed), we assists veterans and their dependents and a Seniors' Chairman, Arlene Colman (phone number listed) who will assist seniors. You do not have to be a Legion member to avail yourself of our assistance. We are here if you need us, just give us a call.
Again, I thank you; we deeply appreciate your thinking of us.
Take care, stay safe.
Yours in Comradeship,
Royal Canadian Legion
Branch 238 Fenelon Falls
- RCL Branch 238 Fenelon Falls
- Place of Publication
- Fenelon Falls, ON
- Date of Original
- 29 Dec 2020
- Date Of Event
- 29 Dec 2020
- Personal Name(s)
- Wood, Glenn ; Darnley, Ken, president ; Colman, Arlene
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268