January 4: Caribbean scandal - An apology is not enough when the premier knew all along
- Lindsay Advocate (Lindsay, Ontario), 4 Jan 2021
- Winter, Kirk, Reporter
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Kirk Winter discussed why the apology from MPP and former finance minister Rod Phillips is not enough following his trip to St. Barts in the Caribbean despite public health and provincial government lockdown orders for all to remain at home and conduct no non-essential travel.
Premier Ford had admitted to being aware that his minister was away from the province after first stating that he had not known
This was the third time in the 10 month span of the pandemic that Ford had acted contrary to his government's own public health requests and those of public health agencies and asked for forgiveness from the public.
- Roderick Benns
- Place of Publication
- Lindsay, ON
- Date of Original
- 4 Jan 2021
- Date Of Event
- 4 Jan 2021
- Personal Name(s)
- Phillips, Rod, MPP ; Ford, Doug, Premier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268