January 16: EPISODE #23 - Haleigh’s Vaccine. Fresh FueLL’s fresh start. Eviction notice new rules. University now, sure. But campus residence now? Why? New word from Lindsay’s Lyndsay.
- Episode 23 Advocate Podcast
- Grignon, Denis, Host
- Grignon, Denis, Producer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Lindsay’s Haleigh Wallace was happy to roll up her sleeve for the vaccine. Yes, that vaccine. She describes it like no other needle-in-arm experience. In a good way! Evictions during Covid demand new, and oft-changing, rules. Lawyer Jason Wards makes a cloudy situation, well, not cloudy.
Who uproots their restaurant to a new and bolder location during a pandemic? Luis and Leanna say they were undeterred. And now tacos and coffee are closer to the North Ward.
It’s one thing to stick it out in post secondary and its new, if even temporary, on-line format. But why live in – and pay for – campus residence while, ahem, “attending” classes? Student Jonah Grignon who’s living it has his reasons – and they’re worth hearing.
And who doesn’t want to expand their vocabulary? Lyndsay Bowen of Kawartha Public Library increases our word power. Oh, and an opening sketch inspired by those, ahem, beloved 70s sitcoms.
- Roderick Benns
- Place of Publication
- Lindsay, ON
- Date of Original
- 16 Jan 2021
- Date Of Event
- 16 Jan 2021
- Playing Time
- Personal Name(s)
- Wallace, Haleigh ; Ward, Jason ; Segura, Leanna ; Segura, Luis ; Bowen, Lyndsay ; Grignon, Jonah
- Corporate Name(s)
- Smitty's Restaurant ; The Olympia Restaurant ; Neighbour's Restaurant ; The Cat and the Fiddle Restaurant ; Mickael's Cafe Librairie ; Boiling Over Coffee Vault ; St. Dave's Restaurant ; Just for the Halibut ; Tony's Pizza and Wings ; Tangles Pizza ; Fresh FueLL ; North Ward Coffee Co.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268