September 1, 2021: Episode 38 - TLDSB’s DOE on back-to-school. Mark Mitchell on unique Afghan perspective. Grove Theatre find its groove. Mosquitoes overstay their welcome.
- Episode 38 Advocate Podcast
- Grignon, Denis, Host
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Wes Hahn talks about expectations for the coming school year, having learned from experiences of the past year, navigating the challenges imposed by the pandemic.
Mark Mitchell lived and worked alongside the Afghan people, mentoring and training the Afghan police force. He comments on the recent takeover of the government by the Taliban. "I can tell you that they are very hungry for a better way of life, and in particular, education. But at the same time they are also wary of outside influences and the scenes that we've seen over the last week were their worst nightmare, and what they've always kind of expected."
Lindsay Bowen discusses the success of the outdoor summer programming at the Kawartha Lakes Library branches.
- The Lindsay Advocate (Roderick Benns)
- Place of Publication
- Lindsay ON
- Date of Publication
- 1 Sep 2021
- Date Of Event
- 01 Sep 2021
- Personal Name(s)
- Bowen, Lyndsay ; Hahn, Wes ; Mitchell, Nicole ; Mitchell, Mark
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268