Manita. A poem being an Indian Legend of Sturgeon Point, Ontario
- McDonnell, William, Author
- Nesbitt, James, Owner
- Moynes, Ford. W., Owner
- Media Type
- Item Types
- A 19th century poem written by William McDonnell on Lindsay, Ontario in the 19th century and originally printed in booklet form in 1884.
A re-print was written by Gus Rideout and was titled "Manito. An Indian Love Poem."
"There was this handsome, courageous and compassionate young Iroquois chief who fell in love with a beautiful daughter of a Huron chief. The young man went to seek the hand of the young maiden in marriage but was done in by a rival in the person of a Huron brave."
- Click the image to view the complete book.
- Date of Original
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268