View across Muskoka River at the swing bridge, Huntsville, Ontario. Dr. Howland's General Hospital on left.
- Mystery Question
- Can anyone identify the women in the photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- View across the Muskoka river at the swing bridge in Huntsville, Ontario. Dr. Howland's General Hospital is the large two and a half story brick building on the left.
- Built in 1893 and expanded in 1895-96, Dr. Howland's General Hospital accomodated 100 patients. The building included elevators. The swing bridge was ready for the 1889 navigation season. Dr, Howland died in 1916 and the building was torn down in March 1920.
- 8.5x8.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.311111 Longitude: -79.277222
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Huntsville Public LibraryCortney.LeGros@huntsvillelibrary.ca
7 Minerva St. E.
Huntsville, ON P1H 1W4