Main Street, Huntsville, Ontario, looking west, before 1907.
- Mystery Question
- The sidewalks in this picture appear to be concrete. Granolithic sidewalks were not laid in Huntsville until 1908 after Mayor J.E. Fisher took office in 1907. Can anyone solve this puzzle?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- No. 732 2/12 Harry Booth
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Main Street, Huntsville, Ontario, looking west, before 1907.
- Original repaired with tape
Post mark on reverse "Huntsville pm Sp 28 07 Ont."
The postcard was sent to Mrs. Wm. Mawhinney, Sturgeon Falls, Ontario. Mrs. Mawhinney was the former Mary Valina "Daisy" Wardell, daughter of Matthew Wardell and Mary Grace Smale. She married William Mawhinney of Messrs. Mawhinney & Co. general merchants, Sturgeon Falls, June 6, 1904 in Huntsville.
The sidewalks in this picture appear to be concrete, rather than the wooden ones which were replaced in 1908.
- Main Street, Huntsville
- Harry Booth
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- private collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.311111 Longitude: -79.277222
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Huntsville Public LibraryCortney.LeGros@huntsvillelibrary.ca
7 Minerva St. E.
Huntsville, ON P1H 1W4