Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Several photographs of interior of the Masonic Museum, located on upper floor of the Masonic hall in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
The artifacts, aprons, jewelry are on display in several exhibit cases and the framed documents, paintings, photographs hang on the walls.
- Niagara Lodge No. 2 is the oldest lodge in Ontario, but unfortunately most of its masonic documents, clothing and other treasures were destroyed in the War of 1812-14, and later in 1860 fire which consumed the Lodge meeting room on Queen Street. The remaining artifacts and gifts from individual members found their place in the "Historical Room".
A library and museum were established on the second floor of the Masonic Hall and officially open to the public in spring 1981, during an "open house".
The Museum was named after Bro. Colin Duquemin in 2007 for his work in preserving this significant collection.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.255895396406 Longitude: -79.0700992123031
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
Niagara Lodge #2 A.F. & A.M., G.R.C.
153 King Street, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0