Smiths Falls Digital Archive

What's New

  • Defensible lockmaster's house, Old Combined Lock 28, 29 & 30, Smiths Falls
        Mural inscription: Arthur Jones Lockmaster
      Mural inscription: Arthur Jones Lockmaster
  • Combined Lock 29a signage, Smiths Falls
        Located near Beckwith Street bridge at Canal Street.
      Located near Beckwith Street bridge at Canal Street.
  • Combined Lock 29a signage, Smiths Falls
        Located near Beckwith Street bridge at Canal Street.
      Located near Beckwith Street bridge at Canal Street.
  • Combined Lock 29a, Smiths Falls
        Located beneath Beckwith Street bridge between Canal Street and Jasper Avenue.
      Located beneath Beckwith Street bridge between Canal Street and Jasper Avenue.
  • Ryan's Park Racetrack plaque, Lower Reach Park, Smiths Falls
        Lower Reach Park located next to Jasper Avenue and Old Slys Road.
      Lower Reach Park located next to Jasper Avenue and Old Slys Road.
  • Rideau Waterway plaque, Smiths Falls
        The text on the plaque reads: "Constructed 1826-32 by the British government for military purposes, but used principally for commerce, the Rideau waterway, together with the lower Ottawa River, was the first canalized route from Montreal to the Great Lakes. Although eastbound traffic continued to use the St Lawrence, westbound ...
      The text on the plaque reads: "Constructed 1826-32 by the British government ...
  • Confederation bridge, Smiths Falls
        A single lane twin span Warren type pony truss located near Confederation Drive and Old Mill Road.
      A single lane twin span Warren type pony truss located near Confederation ...
  • Original dam at Old Sly's Lock, Smiths Falls
        Located off Old Slys Road at Old Slys Locks 26-27. Originally a 21-foot (6.4 m) high dam.
      Located off Old Slys Road at Old Slys Locks 26-27. Originally a ...
  • Dam near Old Sly's Lock, Smiths Falls
        Located at Old Slys Road and Heritage House Museum.
      Located at Old Slys Road and Heritage House Museum.
  • Herbert Allen: The man behind the red brick
  • East Mill, Granary, West Mill, and Dam, Wood's Mill complex, Smiths Falls
        For further information see the links at the right of the catalogue record. Also, below is an excerpt for the East Mill from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - please see the link at the right of the catalogue record for the complete 10 page brochure. 10. East ...
      For further information see the links at the right of the catalogue ...
  • Hose Drying Tower, Smiths Falls
        Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - please see the link at the right of the catalogue record for the complete 10 page brochure. 2. Central School 79 Beckwith Street North Now part of the municipal complex, this stone structure was built in 1871 as ...
      Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - ...
  • Central school, Smiths Falls
        Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - please see the link at the right of the catalogue record for the complete 10 page brochure. 2. Central School 79 Beckwith Street North Now part of the municipal complex, this stone structure was built in 1871 as ...
      Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - ...
  • Heritage Buildings
        ...
      ...
  • Town Hall, Smiths Falls
        Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - please see the link at the right of the catalogue record for the complete 10 page brochure. 2. Central School 79 Beckwith Street North Now part of the municipal complex, this stone structure was built in 1871 as ...
      Below, related excerpts from the Smiths Falls Heritage Walking Tour brochure - ...
  • Post Office, Smiths Falls
        The recently restored Smiths Falls post office. Please see additional information - exhibit and links - at the right of this catalogue record. There are seven photographs attached to this record. See the Pages box at top of this catalogue record and click the downward pointing select arrow to access ...
      The recently restored Smiths Falls post office. Please see additional information - ...
  • Town Hall plaque, Smiths Falls
        The plaque reads: "The Town Hall was built in 1859 in the Classical Revival style to house the municipal offices and council chambers of Smiths Falls including the Police and Fire Departments. In later years there were additions to the building such as a hose-drying tower and a jail. The ...
      The plaque reads: "The Town Hall was built in 1859 in the ...
  • Stone arch dam, Smiths Falls
        The remains of the stone arch dam are located by the Smiths Falls water tower, off Old Mill Road. The top 1.4 m (4 feet) of the original 7 m (23 foot) high are visible. The dam was completed in 1828.
      The remains of the stone arch dam are located by the Smiths ...
  • Lower Reach, Smiths Falls
        Located near Old Slys Road, adjacent to Lower Reach Park and across the Rideau Canal at a Park Canada green space.
      Located near Old Slys Road, adjacent to Lower Reach Park and across ...
  • Detached Lock 31, Smiths Falls
        Located on Abbott Street North, Duck Island. One lock – manually operated with a lift of 2,4 m (8.5 feet), 1830. Swing bridge. The Scherzer Rolling Bascule Bridge is located nearby to the west. Dam.
      Located on Abbott Street North, Duck Island. One lock – manually operated ...
See more results
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit