Alumni/Graduates' Reunions, 1935-2013
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Forms (Documents)
- Video recordings
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
Beginning with the formation of the Alumni Union of St. Jerome's College in 1879,"old boy"reunions were held at the time of the general meetings of the Alumni Union or on special occasions such as the unveiling of the Fr. Louis Funcken monument in 1907.
Since the formation of a new Alumni Association in 1982, reunions have been held annually.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This series is comprised of material relating to the annual Alumni/Graduates'Reunions. Included in the records are an advertising flyer, correspondence and a list of committees formed to organize the 1935 reunion; a list of attendees at the reunion of 1936; programmes, invitation, correspondence and a newspaper article for the various events held during the reunion of 1953. This special reunion coincided with the official opening of the new Kingsdale campus of St. Jerome's College after the high school and college departments separated in 1953 and the college department opened its own building in the east end of Kitchener. The records then jump in time to the annual reunions begun in 1981 at the present day campus. These records include invitations, registration forms, receipts, tickets, schedules, correspondence, advertising, and guest books. Reunion activities include picnics, dinners, dances, and the Conferment of the Father Norm Choate Distinguished Graduate Award. There is also a video cassette of the Fete de Finn reunion dinner of 1991 and one for the testimonial dinner honoring Fr. Norm Choate, C.R. held in June, 1998.
The records are arranged in chronological order.
- No records for 1988
The early records are in fragile condition.
Any records for reunions prior to 1935 have been arranged with the Alumni Union records.
Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
The dates are not inclusive. There are records for 1935-1992; 2006; 2010; 2012-2013.
There are 6 duplicate copies of the video for Fete de Finn).
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 7 cm. of textual records; 2 video recordings, VHS (with 6 of duplicates of Fete de Finn)
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Director of the Advancement Office.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.