Building Committee, 1971-1973
- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
The Building Committee originated as an ad hoc committee established by St. Jerome's College Council in the Fall of 1971. Its mandate was to advise the Council of the feasibility of physical expansion (at that time specifically on the building of an addition to the classroom building), to receive suggestions on expansion plans, and then to make recommendations to College Council. The committee's membership was comprised of the College Librarian, three faculty members and one student member of the Council appointed by the Steering Committee.
At the St. Jerome's Board of Governors meeting on December 16, 1971, the Board proposed that the Building Committee be re-constituted as a committee of the Board. This motion was approved by College Council at their meeting of January 13, 1972.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries of records for the Building Committee includes a list of its members, reports by and to the committee, correspondence, minutes of meetings, statistics, architectural sketches, contract tenders, and construction costs.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- <1 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Office of the President.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.