French and Italian Studies, 1961-2019
- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
The French and Italian departments at St. Jerome's University were administered separately until 1989 when they merged to create French and Italian Studies. The faculty at St. Jerome's co-operates and co-ordinates the French program with their counterparts in the French department at the University of Waterloo. Initially the French program was part of Romance Languages and later part of the Classics and Romance Languages department. In 1980 French became an independent department until, at St. Jerome's, it merged with Italian in 1989.
The Italian program has always been exclusively taught and administered by St. Jerome's.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for French and Italian Studies include administrative correspondence, minutes of departmental meetings, departmental planning, course offerings, financial records, student records, and enrolment records.
This subgroup has been arranged in 2 series: 1) French department records; and 2) Italian department records.
Series descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 24 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Department Chair.
Some records are restricted.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.