Historical records and Coat of Arms, 1915-2016
- Media Type
- Item Types
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series is comprised of an undated explanation of the initial St. Jerome's College Shield (Coat of Arms). The information was transcribed from a handwritten letter by Rev. Patrick Sheridan, C.R. In 2014 a new Coat of Arms was created for St. Jerome's. The records for the new crest include correspondence, an explanation of its symbolism, photocopies of pictures of the new crest, and a timeline of its creation.
Records relating to the history of St. Jerome's include a few articles on the school's history, 5 other short, early histories of St. Jerome's (both handwritten and typed), a biography of Rev. Louis Funcken , C.R. which also incorporates the early history of St. Jerome's, the school's Mission Statement dated 1988, a "Fact Sheet" about St. Jerome's by President Douglas Letson (1996), and the Strategic Plan 2016-2021 "Building on "Tradition".
- Accruals: Accruals are expected.
There is a copy of the Mission Statement on press board.
The dates for the records include: ca. 1915; 1940; ca. 1970-1979, 1996, 2014 and 2016.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 2 cm. of textual records; 1 video recording
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- 2-1-3-B25; Oversize box, 2-2-2-01
- Unrestricted access.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.