- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
GRAIL was incorporated on May 9, 1985 as a non-profit independent entity as The University of St. Jerome's College Press. The journal was administered by an Editorial Board comprised of St. Jerome's faculty and staff assisted by a group of national and international editorial consultants.
This arrangement was in effect until June 17, 1994 at which time Novalis/St. Paul University took over the ownership of Grail. Novalis/St. Paul assumed full legal, financial, administrative, and publishing responsibilities. Their ownership and management of the journal lasted until the final issue of Grail was published in December, 1998.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series is comprised of legal documentation and correspondence relating to the Incorporation of GRAIL as The University of St. Jerome's College Press. The records include the original legal, bound articles of incorporation as well as an outline of the articles in a letter dated October 9, 1985 by the university's legal counsel. This series is also comprised of material relating to the partnership between St. Jerome's and Novalis/St. Paul. The records include correspondence regarding the formation of the partnership; statistics and publishing data; financial information; a press release; copies of proposed contracts; the signed contract between Novalis/St. Paul University and the University of St. Jerome's College regarding the ownership of Grail; and the signed contract between Novalis/St. Paul University and the University of St. Jerome's College regarding the editorship of Grail.
The records are arranged as Incorporation records and Novalis/St. Paul University records.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 6 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of Librarian or Vice-President Academic.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.