Miscellaneous events, 1929-2019
- Media Type
- Item Types
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This sub-series includes the records for various miscellaneous special events held at St. Jerome's University. Samples of the records included are:
- the souvenir program for the Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas held in 1929;
- the program for the dedication of the new St. Jerome's College and Notre Dame College (with video, 1962);
- the invitation and mailing list for the reception celebrating the publication of the book"Inspecting the Vaults"by Eric McCormack (1987);
- the invitation and program to the St. Jerome's Conference, a one day event held May 21, 1988;
- the dedication and opening of the new Community Centre (1996);
- dedication of new stained glass windows in Notre Dame Chapel;
- a flyer advertising various events to be held at St. Jerome's in the Fall of 2004;
- publicity posters for "Celebrating The Working Centre" (a book launch) and for "Making a Killing" (a panel discussion) both in 2015;
- the program for the first professional development day for teachers and staff held at St. Jerome's (2016);
- publicity flyer for the 9th Annual diocesan Celebration of
Catholic Education hosted by St. Jerome's University (2016);
- program and poster for the 9th Annual Diocesan Celebration of Catholic Education (2016);
- A Year with the Saint John's Bible, 2017;
- The Confederation Debates, Academic Workshop, Feb., 2017;
- Equal Voice Chapter Founding Meeting, 2018;
- Honorary Degree Presentation to Sister Helen Prejean, CSJ,
- Book Launch of "Race, Religion and Politics: The Election of
1896 in Canada", by Ken McLaughlin (2019)
- and other social events organized by St. Jerome's University.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 7 cm. of textual records; 1 video cassette
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- Unrestricted access.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.