Library and Information Resources, 1971-2020
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Architectural photographs
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
Library and Information Resources reports to the Vice-President Academic and Dean and is responsible for the University's information resources including the library and archives.
The Library is primarily a resource for undergraduates and provides access to reference works, books, periodicals, and other material relevant to courses taught at St. Jerome's University. In addition, the Library provides portable audio-visual and computer equipment for use in classrooms. The Library also maintains a collection of reference works and general interest materials relevant to Roman Catholicism. A full range of reference and circulation services is provided for users.
The Library is a participant in the Tri-Universities Group (TUG), a consortium of the libraries of the University of Waterloo (including its federated and affiliated colleges and universities), Wilfrid Laurier University, and the University of Guelph.
The archives house the historical records of St. Jerome's College from 1865 to the present as well as the records of the Ontario-Kentucky Province of the Congregation of the Resurrection.
Information Services was responsible for the development and management of the university website until 2011.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This subgroup of records for Library and Information Resources includes correspondence and memorandum, minutes and agendas of meetings, newsletters, events, guidelines, and reports. And one promotional poster board for the Library and one for the Archives for Archives Awareness Week.
There are also 3 pictorial architectural plans for the Library Renovation of 2019 as well as pictorial poster boards.
The subgroup is arranged in 6 series:
1. Library Committee;
2. Correspondence and general records;
3. Library Newsletter;
4. Archives Committee;
5. Web Committee;
6. The Betty G. Headley Award Committee
Series descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
There are also 3 gold donation plaques from study carrels in the Library. Please see Memorabilia for details. They are located in M2.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Betty G. Headley
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 9 cm. of textual records; 3 pictorial architectual plans; 5 poster boards;
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
Bay 3, bottom shelf in brown oversize folder
- By permission of the Librarian.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.