Aerial View of Camp X
- Photographer Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Digital prints
- A black and white photograph of an aerial view of Camp X. Camp X is located to the right of centre in the photograph.
- Camp X was a spy training camp and communications centre established by British Security Co-ordination on the shore of Lake Ontario on the border between Whitby and East Whitby Townships. The camp operated from 1941 to 1945. It was used as a government communications centre until 1969. The buildings were demolished in 1971-1972.
This photograph was found outside and as such is damaged on the right side of the photograph.
Width: 541 px
Height: 800 px
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8539042233011 Longitude: -78.8832598620605
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright status unknown.
- Recommended Citation
- Aerial View of Camp X, Date Unknown, Photographer Unknown. Whitby Archives D2013_008_001.
- Reproduction Notes
- Uploaded from digital camera.