St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, c.1912
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photographic postcard of St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church.
- St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church was built in 1902-1903 at the north east corner of Palace Street and John Street. It served as a church from 1903 to 1959, as a public hall (known as the Amber Room) from 1959 to 1974 and as a private residence from 1976 onwards. It was built on the site of a previous Catholic church which was built in 1867, and destroyed by fire during December 1901.
- St. John's R.C. Church, Whitby, Ont, Canada
- Date of Original
Width: 10 cm
Height: 12 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a copy negative.