- J.H. Beers & Co., Publisher
- Gorrell, Craig & Co. Lith, Toronto, Lithographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a print of the second Royal Hotel.
- Royal Hotel was located at 171 Brock Street North which was built in 1873. The first Royal Hotel in Whitby was destroyed by fire in 1872. It is located on the east side of Brock Street, south of Mary Street. The first proprietor of the second Royal Hotel was James Pringle. The architect was Henry Langley of Toronto.
This print comes from the Illustrated Historical Atlas of the County of Ontario, Ont. Compiled drawn and published from personal examinations and surveys by J.H. Beers & Co. Toronto, 1877. This print can be found at page 12. The Whitby Central Library has a reprint of this book on the map stand at the second floor of the library call no. 911371355 J.H.B. 1972
- Signs in the print: "Royal Hotel" on the roof of hotel building; "Royal Livery Stable" to the left of the building; "Royal Hotel" on horse drawn carriage. Underneath caption states: "Royal Hotel, Whitby, Jas. Pringle, Proprietor; omnibus to and from all trains."
- Place of Publication
- Toronto, Ontario
- Date of Original
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.883333 Longitude: -78.933333
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Reproduction Notes
- This image was scanned from a photograph taken from the original book.