Whitby Collegiate Institute Science Laboratory, 1918
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative of a photograph of the science lab at Whitby Collegiate Institute from a brochure produced by Whitby Collegiate Institute. The students are sitting at tables and the teacher can be seen at the door at right.
- The Whitby Collegiate Institute was built in 1873 and was located on the south side of Colborne Street between King and Centre Streets. The school was demolished in 1975-1976.
- Printed above and below image: 'The Science Laboratory/Science Laboratory./We consider this laboratory the most up-to-date and the best equipped in the country. In refitting the laboratory no reasonable expense has been spared in installing devices that would be of especial aid in the teaching of the various sciences.'
- Date of Original
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780978742517 Longitude: -78.9448356628418
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Collegiate Institute Science Laboratory, 1918, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 10-001-021.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.