Unknown dam on Big East River system, Muskoka, Ontario,1949.
- Mystery Question
- Can anyone name this dam?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- R.A. Hutcheson, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Unknown dam on Big East River system, Muskoka, Ontario,1949.
- As well as controlling water levels, the Big East River system was used every spring for log runs. The various lumber companies in the area stamped thier logs and sent them down the river with the spring runoff. On entering Lake Vernon from the river they were sorted by the stamps according to company, into booms and towed by tugboat to the various mills for cutting. The last log run in the Huntsville area via the Big East River was in 1937.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- R.A. Hutcheson Estate
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.16681 Longitude: -79.49964
- Janet Fisher
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Huntsville Public LibraryCortney.LeGros@huntsvillelibrary.ca
7 Minerva St. E.
Huntsville, ON P1H 1W4