Italian Band, Huntsville, Ontario, c. 1914.
- Mystery Question
- Can anyone identify the members of the band?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Italian Band, Huntsville, Ontario, c. 1914.
- With Spirit and Resolve, by Susan Pryke, Fox Meadows, 2000..."By November 1914 Huntsville had yet another band. The Italian Band joined with the Citizens and Salvation Army bands to give a group of soldiers a rousing send-off to the war. Huntsville, by this time, had a thriving Italian community. C.O.Shaw of the Anglo Leather Company had recruited men from a village of Meana DeSusa in Italy. One of the immigrants, Vincenzo Grosso, was a fine cornet player, who taught the others a "few basics of music".
see also The "Little Town Band: that Grew and Grew, comp. by Ed. Terziano for the Huntsville Centennial Year - 1986.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Huntsville Public Library Anglo Canadian Leather Co. Band
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.33341 Longitude: -79.21632
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Huntsville Public LibraryCortney.LeGros@huntsvillelibrary.ca
7 Minerva St. E.
Huntsville, ON P1H 1W4